The Brown County Health Department is seeking a full or part-time RN to join our team! BCHD is an EOE with a great benefits package. Please apply by sending your resume to [email protected].
Public Health Nurse
Under the general supervision of the Administrator. Performs selected nursing functions in providing nursing care to clients in a clinic or home setting.
- Assesses health care trends in communities.
- Collaborates with emergency response planning and training.
- Works with public health officials to help communities receive care.
- Provides immunizations and health screenings in the community.
- Provides patient and community education.
- Monitors and delivers high-quality patient care.
- Participates in the evaluation and documentation of patients and care.
- Assists in developing, evaluating, and implementing professional development education.
- Refers patients to other providers as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proficient in electronic health record management systems
- Ability to educate patients and families on health issues
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Have knowledge of community resources
Education and Experience Requirements
- Registered state licensed nurse (RN)
- Prior public health experience is helpful, but not required