Covid-19 Vaccines Available
Call us for an appointment!
*First or second dose: Pfizer or Moderna
*Bivalent boosters for ages 12 and up: Pfizer or Moderna
2022 FLU VACCINE
Influenza vaccines available 8:30 - 4:00 M-F
No appointment necessary
65+ flu vaccine available
LEADING THE WAY TO A HEALTHIER FUTURE
The mission of the Brown County Public Health Department is, "To protect and maintain the health of the people in Brown County."
Prevention of disease and promotion of health at the community level have always been our goals.
- Communicable Disease Reporting and Investigation - All communicable and infectious disease cases must be reported to the Health Department. Our Communicable Disease Division is responsible for tracking and follow-up of any outbreaks or unusual cases.
- Animal Bites and Follow-Up - Cat and dog bites and exposure from all other animals are to be reported to the Communicable Disease Division for follow-up and investigation.
- Flu Immunizations - During the months of September, October and November, we conduct flu clinics throughout Brown County, as well as offer flu shots at the health department. Call for times and locations of flu clinics.
- International Travel Vaccine Information - We provide contact information regarding required immunizations, health requirements, and health hints for those traveling outside the country.
- Infectious Disease Education - Educational materials are available for infectious diseases.
- All Kids - Information about the Illinois All Kids Insurance Program can be obtained via the following link: http://www.allkids.com/
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases - We are able to provide recommendations and referrals for clients who have received a positive STD testing result. Educational material is also available.
- Car Seat Safety Technician - If you are concerned about the safety or installation of your child’s car seat, contact Lori McClenning RN for a free car seat check-up. Lori is a Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician.
- Lab Services - Brown County Health Department offers cost effective lab tests and test results. Hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. at the Brown County Health Department located at 120 East Main Street, Mt. Sterling, Illinois. We offer a full range of lab tests with results usually within 1 -2 days. Our Professional Registered Nurses will personally follow up with all patients. We will provide our clients with test results and/or share results with the physician, as directed. Our lab services require a physician's order. We offer a variety of payment options, including insurance billing. For more information or to make an appointment, call us at 217-773-2714.
- IBCCP - Screening for breast and cervical cancer at no cost for eligible participants. Screening information